How Supercell Stole my 500 gems: Opinions?

Soul Crusher

• Administrators

Hello, I’ve been playing CR for over 3 years now. For those that don’t know, the game has a policy for a free name change, after that they cost 500 gems. My screen name since the game began was similar to my reddit tag.

A few months back, a former clan member of mine got really triggered by those of us in the clan who enforced simple clan war expectations. He reported a bunch of us, not sure what he said, but 1 day after he left my clan, my name got automatically changed to “Hog Rider.” A couple other clan members got temporarily suspended. Nobody was even mean to the guy. I’d go so far as to say that he was berating us over his opinion.

Since I never used my free name change before, I went to change my name and the cost was 500 gems. I contacted support, and they CONFIRMED that I never used my name change. They told me to type my new name in the chat, and they would change it. After that, they wouldn’t approve any name that I asked them to change it to.

At first, I was changing the spelling of my original username. I understand I was being stubborn, but it has never been a problem in the past. Then I tried a couple options that were completely different and definitely not more suggestive than “hog rider.” After a day of back and forth, supercell stopped responding to me and ignored my chat requests.

I have not been able to get my free name change, and I was wondering if you guys think this is fair? I wanted to be a little but ‘public’ with this, because they silenced me and I’m frustrated. Any thoughts or questions?

submitted by /u/Darth-Peenus
[link] [comments]

View the full article