redditTHE STORY OF MY 1 YEAR OLD CLAN

• Administrators

Hy I want to welcome you all into the story of my clan, wich I started at 01-05-2020...

Last week we had our 1 year anniversary and I just want to give you all some insight in how I builded the clan (wich can be handy to new clans / leaders), but also about the journey it was from 0 to where the clan is atm...

1st. The name : wich I can't name due to forum rules, but it is a reference towards 1 of the Maps in the online game World of Tanks...

I loved playing that game, almost 50 K games played and many high lvl achievements / medals on my acount, but the developpers killed that game :(

But in respect I figured why not take something out of that game into my new beloved gaming addiction.

2nd. My name ABA JAGA : also something i took with me from World of Tanks, my Gamer tag was ABAOUIA, but so difficult to pronounce on the mic, that it became ABA pretty soon...

Because of my somewhat Russian accent and skills / many kills that turned into BABA JAGA, a reference towards John Wick, the movie...

Coming here I turned it into ABA JAGA...

3rd. The start of the clan, I had 0 members when I started the clan and a 0 acount basicly, so all I did was inviting every player that I saw that did not have a clan...

Played lot's of party games, just to have a bigger chance in finding players without clans, some joined and some didn't...

But the spaces where filling up pretty fast, but I soon realized I had players from all over the world in my clan, so I was using google translate like a crazy one...

I was translating from Italia, Spain, Portugues, Chinees, Russia, Arabic and even Hebrewic was one of the languages passing by in the chat box...

Trying to explain to everybody that this was a war clan and that everybody had to play the wars...

When the clan wars started we where pouled with a full lvl 13 clan, they clearly started over, so I new we where never going to be 1st lol...

The 1st week we had like 6 K and I allready had to kick some players out for not playing the war...

2nd week we doubled that to a little over 12 K and same thing, had to kick some players, and others came...

3rd week we had our first 2nd place finish with a little over 36 K if I am correct, so progress was clearly there !

The 4th week we even came close to that full lvl 13 clan in finishing 1st place, because dispite all those different nationalitys my google translate stuff and hard leadership to kick those that did not listen worked !

That 5th week we again almost beat them, but logicly we came 2nd, but so proud cause again we where more then doubling our total scores...

But damm it was a pain in the something to comunicate in all those languages, making them chamge their boat defenses because they used the wrong cards like 3 little skeletons and stuff...

So I made the choice to switch the clan towards the region USA, so I knew I would get more english speaking players in the clan, and that was the best move I could have made...

In the New monthly race within notice a lvl 13 player with maxed decks joined the clan, I think our highest lvl player was a lvl 9 player so everybody was like wow !

WE won the 1st race, and afther that 2 more lvl 13's joined up wich I could hardly understand, but was more then happy to have them !

I made them Co-leader out of respect and hope they would stay, wich they did, probably because we where winning every race with ease, basicly because at that point every body was playing the war...

Every race since was won by us and slowly the players that diddnt comunicate with me and / or listen to my google translate comunications about who could defend the boat and boat setups and didnt play the war at a sertain moment where replaced and for those English speaking players came back...

During this endless victory road, there where a few problems that where unavoidable, I like it when 2 friends join the clan, they will stimulate eachother to play those war games, but that can go wrong also...

I got into a argument with one of them, because he was insulting a player, he was clearly out of line and others also called him out, but he diddn't back up at all, and in the end his friend backed him up...

So there was only 1 option, that was to kick him out, and therefore the trust in his friend was gone also, so I had to kick him out asswell, wich I hated to do cause they where 2 of the few lvl 12 and 13's we had at that point...

There was also the moment where players in the clan wanted to have a new promotion system, untill that moment only lvl 12 and 13 players could be Co-leader, so we debated about how it should be...

In the end we figured out a system based on war / donations / ladder and levels, wich made Every body happy again, ive always debated such things...

Also the war requirements that where slowly upgraded allong the winning streak we where having, where debated to the point where we are atm, play all 4 decks from start to finish...

There where also highlights during this victory road, at a sertain point we where matched up with a super active German clan, 1 of the races was won with a 30 sec lead, I even recorded a video of it, everybody was playing and attacking boats as much as we could and maybe even less then 30 sec later the German clan finished as 2nd...

Then when the 4th race was there the German clan beat us, wich was a wake up call, cause we basicly didnt have enough EU players to win that half point race, at the colleseum we easaly made up again, cause those min 4 war decks requirement was implemented afther that 2nd place !

I also switched the clan to EU, wich I hated to do, cause we where on the verge of entering the top 1000 USA clans, but we needed more EU players so it had to be done...

From that moment on we again won every race and got some new EU players to join, I also made sure when I recruited players here on Reddit and on Discord that they where EU / TIME zone players, just to make the half point race easyer...

I have never kicked out a player just because I could get a better player, just because I believe that such an action would lead to a decrease of trust in me, wich in the end would be the downfall of the clan...

If players are loyal to what I ask them to do, wich is playing those 4 war games from start to finish, I will be loyal towards them !

And I have gotten offers from very good players willing to join, but had to decline, because every player was simply doing his job in the war...

If you ask me, this clan has a bright future, we have a weekly donation lvl of 15 K, for a long period now, most players atm are in the clan for the longest time that we exist, we have multiple lvl 13 / 12 players, a large groupe of lvl 11's closing in to lvl 12 and a couple of 10's wich are on their way to lvl 11...

The best player has a PB of 6800 some are in the 6300's and many around the 5400 up or down number...

At this point we are in silver 3 and looks like Gold 1 will be there afther this month, wich makes me really currious towards where we can go...

Sure there will be more players changes, unfortunatly, cause I never like that, to kick or when they leave, I still miss some of the OG's that left :

MondayBestDay / BEEPBEEPIMAJEEP / CAPTAIN CRUNCH lvl 13 players that helped make the clan !

But I guess these things happen, some need time off, or are just done with the game...

I have always said, if personal life get's to you, you can give me a notice and you will get the time needed, and I will not kick a player, if they say nothing 10 days offline is normaly a kick...

This is something that works really good and players respect that, also because I don't need to know the reason, I trust that they are true to me and need that time to sort stuff out, so that when they come online again they will repay me with devotion towards the clan and so the war games...

Last saterday we exactly became a 1 year clan, and the days before that I did a countdown to build up tension, nobody had a clue what I was counting down for, untill that saterday !

For fun we did a roadtrip to see where the clan was at, we where the No 71 clan of the EU, 95 of my home country Holland, 692 of the USA, 227 of Russia, and for fun I went to Djibouti and we where the no 1, I bet you the No 2 clan was pissed and surprised lol, but we are back to EU again...

Now I know its a way to long of a post, but I just had to make a post about the clan, cause I am proud of the clan, the players in the clan and those that helped getting the clan to where we are, sure I can't name them all, but maybe this way I will reach them...

I have always said, that without the players, there is no clan, I am only the one that started it, they are the one that make it !

That's also the reason I will always stay loyal towards them, I need them to trust me, that I have trust in them !

Thank You All for having the patience to read this, and maybe we will meet in the clan wars, but be ware, my clan goes all in as much as possible ✌

Cheers to you all and towards this game, that has become a valid replacer for my old love World of Tanks....

Cheers ABA , leader and member of the War-Clan

submitted by /u/ABA_JAGA
[link] [comments]

View the full article