Featured Clans:

redditSuperCell is proud of noticing what's not working or is not funny enough without regrets. Why they don't just bring us back CW1 and go back to the drawing board?

• Administrators

In Our Story - SuperCell we can read:

we slowly started to realize that Gunshine just wasn’t delivering on our original product vision. / Most importantly, despite their initial excitement, players were getting bored with the game after a month or two*.*

It’s usually better to kill games earlier rather than later*. I*f it starts to feel like the game isn’t going to work or isn’t fun enough, it’s usually a sign that you should have already killed it. In keeping with this thinking, we killed our first mobile game, Pets vs. Orcs, back in February. And we killed a game codenamed “Tower” later in the spring.

we’ve killed countless games at various stages of development.

Also, in Rush Wars Closing:

We heard your feedback with the game feeling repetitive, and we made some changes with a few updates. However, the changes we made didn’t help the game long term nor change up the gameplay style enough to make it as fun as we would like*.*

Here at Supercell, we have extraordinarily high standards for our games. We want to be sure that each game we release will be played for years and remembered forever. Unfortunately, we felt that even if we continued working on Rush Wars, we wouldn’t hit this goal*.*

Did that ring a bell in your head? All that SuperCell said about Rush Wars could be said for Clan Wars II. Their company culture encourages them to notice what is not working at earlier stages and just drop it if it doesn't fit their high quality standards.

Certainly, Clan Wars I was stale, mainly the collection day, which felt like a chore (CW2 is collection day every day), but at least the final battle day was very exiting and you had to use a totally new deck every time and you could discuss decks and strategies with your clan mates and you felt like your victory counted.

I don't see how CW2 could be fixed at this time to make it enjoyable. I suggested that a minicollection is needed and an idea on how to merge the CW1 and CW2 concepts. But at this time I miss CW1 so much that I think it is time for SuperCell to bite the bullet and be faithful to their company culture and just bring back CW1 and go back to the drawing board.

submitted by /u/PEKKA2000
[link] [comments]

View the full article