reddit Unpopular Opinion: Why did I invest 4 years of time and hundreds of dollars into this game just so I must have a 1+ minute wait time for duel matchmaking so I will only face players who have done the same. (i.e. worked to have 4 maxed decks)

• Administrators

I get it, you don't want to face a maxed player with under leveled cards. The fact of the matter is, this game exists for everyone to play because some are willing to spend money on it.

Matchmaking on card levels while allowing ladder standard levels is pointless. All it means is matchmaking will be subdivided into smaller pools of players based on time and spending habits. We could all be in one pool with tournament stds.

It penalizes people who have higher level decks because they will compete among the small pool which includes the elites of the game.

Meanwhile a light spender will get Matchmaking with less experienced players who have lower levels.

I'd rather go tournament standards where i can be matched with anyone then be relegated to always facing serious players who are pushing for the best. I get enough of that on ladder.

If you want ppl to spend money to advance and max decks though, don't penalize them for doing so.

submitted by /u/JethroBo37
[link] [comments]

View the full article