reddit FIXING CLAN WARS ISN’T THE FIX. Yes Clan Wars was Bad But It’s not the real problem.

• Administrators

Clan wars was the nail in the coffin for many. But it wasn’t the stand alone issue, just the straw the broke the camels back. There are major fundamental issues to the game that over the years has made it stale and lackluster and caused many good friends and clan mates to quit either due to these below or combination of.

(I’d like to add that The suggestions are obviously not the one best fix to these, just suggestions off the top of my head).

Major core issues to the game imo are as follows:

❗️BALANCING ISSUE: Unnecessary buff to cards that were balanced (ice wiz, xbow, skel barrel, etc). Extreme changes to cards to break the meta (pekka massive range, freeze damage, exe massive damage etc). Leaving toxic cards untouched (eg this season Barb hut and skel barrel, even heal spirit needed it’s heal Ability nerf, radius didn’t fix anything)

✅FIX: Need a new team imo and a whole month of being stuck in a toxic season is too long imo.

❗️P2W FOCUS/ORIENTATION: All recent content: pass royale. New cards. Buying emotes. All Wars, forcing peeps to level /spend to up collection or be at huge disadvantage if they don’t/borderline can’t participate/ kicked from clans.( not to mention the major p2w ramp up of war2.0 edition brought). Main issue with this focus is not that they provide these things, is that there have not being any additional major updates AS WELL AS it (clan road was an unwanted replacement to end season draft chest, nothing new). They say there’s 2 teams and that the Pass team doesn’t take away from update team but meanwhile proof shows monthly updates of the pass and no new big content update for years. Plus when the update is due they skimp on the pass side (reusing old arenas last 2 season, reusing loading screen, less emotes- none for f2p for challenges etc) shows they haven’t been able to equally work on both.. which brings me to next point with fix:

❗️NO NEW FUN CONTENT/ OR REGULAR UPDATES As the title covers, we wait far too long between updates and new content. Over a year for this wars we got. And more so Especially one that caters to casuals and without money making agenda. Like what exactly original 2v2, achievements, quests and clan chest did. Irony is those “fun” no pressure features is what’s held on to a lot of the casual player base. Still a money stream for SC without having to strangle it out of people like what clan wars 1+2 does. These additions were just a another fun Avenue for everyone to play the game with side quests etc. Not to mention having regular QOL additions that could be added (eg more deck+chest slots. In game recruiting. Etc)

✅FIX: Hire a bigger Update team. Current one is clearly not keeping up with demand/expectation of player base. Also add fresh new fun content at the Very LEAST once a year if not every 6/8months. *further definition of “fun new content” +possible suggests +QOL points are at the bottom of post * ..Could have easier revamped quests (added better rewards of star points, tokens, challenges tokens etc)

❗️COMMUNICATION. Granted Drew has stepped up more since the update, & more So in the right direction with the latest transparency post. However, it’s a matter of consistency & whether or not that will be kept up. Countless times they’ve said they will communicate more but is short lived. I’m talking general communication Not just surrounding updates but the large silent gaps between&around. Info especially surrounding this update wasn’t great imo, seemed rushed, a lot of vids were dropped for a q&a and in the end left us going in blind to the update. Generally community clearly needs more. Constant updates. Especially since Seth has completely withdrawn from community chat.

✅FIX: 1. Hire more. Daria lasted a day, why not find a replacement. Less of a workload for Drew. He has a massive job for one person to manage, &alot of the other SC teams has at least 2 CM. 2. Also just Communicate more- I’d like to see more regular “transparency posts” like one of late that has community feedback/opinions/suggestions Drew has collected and presented to the team. Can also Do regular community in game polls of content /game modes etc community can vote on/have input with. And just post regular info updates more: the good, the bad, and the ugly, just update us! Stop being afraid of the community reactions and just put the info out there. Eg “this is the plan, for (this timeframe) even if it is with Disclosures, “ It may not go as planned but will let you know if anything changes if it does”!

❗️MATCHMAKING/ELO This 50:50 is infuriating. Never feel like progress. Can easy play ladder for an hour and earn no extra trophies or worse be 300trophies lower than began. It’s predictable clockwork, if you win you face always your same ole ultimate counter deck. People are over this. They see it. And hope in the game is lost. Before it was “if I just upgrade my cards I’ll be able to climb”. Now it’s no matter what cards I upgrade or how many times you change a deck you’ll be always stumped by MM. so what’s the point. It’s not a skill based game, it’s a rigged rock paper scissor roulette. ✅FIX: 1. why can’t match per trophy level and card levels. Less of screw you over game to just play and whoever deserves to win without algorithms screwing you. 2. Even having duels as an option for ladder.

❗️NO CONTENT FOR FULLY MAXED PLAYERS/NOTHING TO DO WITH MAX GOLD. As title suggests. I won’t go too much into this as it is the minority of players plus a lot of Players have given great suggestions here in reddit, one being: https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/if5ilj/true_silver_true_gold_skins_for_card_collection/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

❗️WAR. - I’ll keep this short since it’s being talked to Death the last 2 week. Aside all the main obvious flaws. For me biggest issue is it isn’t fun, more chore ish. Like the old war it feels grindy and tedious but worse. There isn’t much clan interaction or strategy it’s mostly an individual ladder lacking less creativity and variety than the last (war1.0 had alternating collections+ daily unique war deck construction). - Not too sure on the fix tbh. The whole core mechanic they’ve made and already said they won’t change - Perhaps having it as a shorter event and alternating with Clan Chest ..?

❇️For QOL additions. https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/hzmv8f/much_needed_qol_changes_that_need_to_happen/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

❇️POTENTIAL FUNNEW FUTURE CONTENT: - weekend 2v2 global tourney. - Waves. Like BRawl stars. Each round gives more loot. - King of the hill. - Adding back prizes to private tourneys. So clans can have a way to bond /have fun. A simple rewarded fun way to play/grind the game whenever you like that doesn’t cost you but only reward you for your time you put in. - Despite its controversy even 2v2 ladder a lot of the community being asking for it as an option would be fun to experiment with just to Mix it up with something different.

Hopefully SC actually pays attention to these. So many players have quit, and understandably, from one of the many frustrating reasons above and more so loss of hope that those things will ever be fixed. This game was no.1 at one stage and the last glimmer of hope the remaining players hang on to is maybe one day they’ll fix the current issues and change. It’s not just about Clan wars, although it’s been all the talk, there are major flaws to the game in its day to day use that is over due for being addressed. And for a large part a lot of these pain points don’t seem to even be in their radar let alone priority at all. Hope for the game sake they do. It has such potential. Irony is If they move such intent of forcing players to constantly spend and just release regular fun updates the community asks for it would actually increase their revenue by players wanting to spend to play the game, not only retaining players but generating new ones just as Coc and BS has done.

submitted by /u/Crispycase
[link] [comments]

View the full article