reddit [EFFORT POST] Statisticals findings of your ladder matches. Is matchmaking rigged?

• Administrators
[EFFORT POST] Statisticals findings of your ladder matches. Is matchmaking rigged?

Hello everyone

I have been playing this game for 3 years now (with small breaks). And of course, like everyone else, I often thought that matchmaking is rigged ( spoiler: it is not ) and the game gives me only hard match-ups on ladder. My clanmates complained a lot too. So, as a senior student who is studying Software development, I decided to make a script that can track my ladder battles and make some statistical conclusions. And I made it. I put a lot of time and effort into this. Firstly I tracked only my and my clanmates' battles, but now I think it's time to share this with other clashers.

How does this work?

There is Clash Royale API for such developers like me to make interesting things with data. It can provide a lot of information about any players and I simply make this data useful for casual players. The script I wrote saves all Ladder battles in a database and then it shows some statistics based on those battles ( you can choose a date range, like a particular season, overall, or a few days/weeks ). There are a lot of technical things, but I will mention only some of them in the end.

What statistical findings can I show you?

All stats are shown in a couple of images. I think it's more convenient for clashers because CR is a mobile game and images are better for phones than a spreadsheet. Now let's take a look at those images.

Image 1. I call it main image

Image 1

It is basic statistics to show you what opponents you face playing Ladder.

• shows what situation on Ladder you are in ( underleveled, overleveled, skilled, not skilled, etc)
  • good for underleveled players under 6k
  • not good for maxed skilled players ( because king level and deck level are the same mostly )

Image 2. Most faced cards

Image 2

• 12 most faced cards on Ladder
  • has win-rate to show how well you play against these cards

Image 3. Faced cards with the best win-rate

Image 3

• 12 cards you win most on Ladder
  • these are cards with play percentage more than 4 % ( to avoid nonpopular cards you face a few times per season that have 100 % win-rate )

Image 4. Faced cards with the worst win-rate

Image 4

• 12 cards you lose to most on Ladder
  • these are cards with play percentage more than 4 % ( to avoid nonpopular cards you face a few times per season that have 0 % win-rate )

Image 5. Most faced decks

Image 5

• 8 most faced decks on Ladder
  • shows only decks you faced more than once ( to avoid midladder crap )
  • need 8 or more decks to show ( if less this image won't compile )
  • probably won't show anything for midladder players

Image 6 and 7. Faced decks with the best and the worst win-rate

Image 6

Image 7

• 8 faced decks with best win-rate and 8 with worst win-rate on Ladder
  • shows only decks you faced more than once ( to avoid midladder crap )
  • need 16 or more decks to show ( if less these images won't compile )
  • probably won't show anything for midladder players

Image 8. Most used decks

Image 8

• 2 or 3 most used decks on Ladder
  • if you play 1 deck, it won't compile
  • has win-rate to see which deck is better in your hands

That's all for now. It's the first version of this program and I'm opened to any thoughts or proposals.

How to join?

This script is only on my computer, so you can't use it directly. To join, you need to dm me here, on Reddit, or in Discord ( https://discord.gg/JSR3vDr ) and I will add you. After joining, the program starts saving all of your battles to a database. And over time there will be more and more of your battles in database. Now I am working on Discord bot that can send these stats automatically for everyone ( till then I will send it manually ).

Technical things

Everything is written in Python. I use AWS EC2 to run the script every hour to save new battles using cron jobs. Database is MongoDB. To compile images I use Python Pillow library. For editing I use Sketch.

submitted by /u/vadympk
[link] [comments]

View the full article