• Administrators

Hi everyone,

I've made several of these posts before, but I'm writing today because of the response I've seen regarding the update. I've been out of the loop for a while due to some IRL things, and I recently returned before the update dropped. First, here are the previous posts:

Last year

Two years ago

Please take a peek at those posts to see my thoughts on our relationship with Supercell, the CR community, and my thoughts about previous updates.

Today's topic is similar, and I'd like to include a quote from one of the linked posts that still applies today:

Second, our relationship with you, the Clash Royale community:

You do not pay us, bribe us, or incentivize us, but we do want you to have a voice in how we run this community. We are an all-volunteer force of regular ole people, so not everything is perfect all the time. Many of us do have extensive moderating experience (Does anyone remember Team Fortress 2? I ran eight servers and a gaming community with almost 100k members in 2007. I miss that game; I stopped playing after it turned into Hat Simulator 2), but we are still learning. Every day is something new! Like you, something we all have in common is our passion for Clash Royale. Our goal is to make sure that everyone has a fair opportunity to be heard and to make sure they are honest to themselves and the community. We do this by having community rules that everyone has agreed to follow by posting here. We want everyone to think about what they are going to say so it can be meaningful and productive. Before posting, ask yourself these questions:

• What's my motive in posting this?
  • Is this rooted in truth?
  • Is this post helpful?
  • Am I looking for a fight?
  • Could this hurt others? Hurt me?
  • How will I feel about this post in a day, week, year?
  • Would I say this to someone IRL?

Everyone is guilty of posting something that doesn't follow these ideas. I am guilty of this. Nobody is perfect, but the key is always improving and trying to be better humans.

Does making helpful posts and comments mean every post needs to be a positive, happy, "Oh, Supercell, you are so great!" rotational yanking? Hell no. It does mean that we want your criticisms backed up with rational thought. If you're going to see change, this is the most important thing you can do. The CMs have said they do not respond to things like "$¢ is greedy, and they hate you" type posts because there are no discussion points, and there is no rationing with rage. We frequently remove these types of comments, not because we don't want your opinions, but because we want your ideas to be heard and not ignored.

Here's what I'll add to that message:

I love how so many people here are passionate about this game. However, we must remember not to let our emotions get the best of us - I want you to continue to be just as passionate about this game as you are right now, but I want you to channel that energy constructively. As I said in my previous posts, being constructive does not mean being positive. When you are unhappy with something: SHARE IT! BUT, you need to do so civilly and constructively.

I'm not going to type all day, so I'll leave you with two more thoughts:

First, I share most people's sentiments about the update. I am confident there was no malicious intent with the queue button change, but directly swapping the buttons was a poor decision. I haven't wholly formulated an opinion on the new Clan Wars; I'm going to wait a little longer before deciding. I believe the team when they say rewards are better across the board, but I want to see a few more cycles to see how it feels.

Second, one of the things Supercell does that many companies don't is take significant risks with their games. They consistently try new things, many of which fail (even entire games like Rushwars and Smashland). However, sometimes, the risks pay off, and we get arguably the best mobile games on the market. The fact they take risks is one of the reasons our constructive feedback is so critical - we must keep an open mind and understand that not everything will be perfect. The team continually pores over this sub looking for helpful feedback, so it's up to us to make sure they see it.

Anyway, please leave a comment; I'd like to know your thoughts!

submitted by /u/MarauderV8
[link] [comments]

View the full article