• Administrators

Hey guys,

Just a quick note. I saw this post earlier today. While it was incredibly flattering to see so many nice comments about me, it was also a bummer to see quite a few negative comments about one of my friends and fellow content creators, OJ. Basically along the lines of "Ash is honest, OJ is just a suckup".

I hesitated making this post because

a) I didn't want to make a big deal about such a minor thing in the grand scheme of life
b) I know 99% of the subreddit could probably care less.

Nonetheless, I still felt inclined to do so. The point I'd like to make extends beyond just silly Clash Royale YouTubers. I believe it can be applied to many facets of life.

Over the last 5 years, I've never met anyone like OJ. Not only does he see the game in a very analytical and interesting way, but he's also a very genuine and authentic guy. He has a lot of passion for Clash Royale. In general, he's just the type of guy who always looks for the positive things in life, even when life isn't perfect. I wish I was more like that. Unfortunately, I often look at the world around me with a more cynical and critical eye. I tend to over-examine things. Even things I love (may have cost me a few relationships in my day). I believe both of those different worldviews are illustrated in our content, especially the way we cover news and updates.

No Supercell creators get any special treatment based on how we talk about the games. I've been extremely critical of Clash of Clans years ago and never received any comments/feedback from Supercell. They still invited me on all the creator trips. They still promoted my content here and there. Same with Clash Royale. I don't think many creators are scared of being truthful or even critical of Supercell if that's how we feel. Hell, I remember with even Chief Pat dropped a F-bomb talking about how messed up a previous Clash Royale update was, years ago.

I think this is a good example of folks being quick to label creators a shill or sellout just if they happen to agree with a developer or like an update that others don't. How can a person be authentic in life if they're not ALSO authentic about things they actually LIKE. I fear that sometimes in life we're more likely to give the benefit of doubt to people being negative or critical than we are someone being positive and complimentary. And in a way, I feel like that's a bit sad.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on.....it will happen to you too when you get old.

Peace!
Ash
(yes, apparently old guys also sign their reddit posts)

submitted by /u/Clash_With_Ash
[link] [comments]

View the full article